Become more competitive in the human resources management field! This course is designed to increase the knowledge, skills, and abilities of human resources employees and managers.
Course Credits: 0, preparatory for HRCI PHR/SPHR Test
Course Length: 30 hours
Course Meeting Time: Only One Week — 8/21/17-8/25/17
Course Location and Format: Shepherd University-Martinsburg Campus, Face-to-Face
Registration deadline for Instruction Manual Shipping 8/10/17
* Students are required to read the course instruction manual prior to the first day of class due to the shortened time frame. Students may register for the course up to 8/20 depending on maximum space of 25 students but only those registered by 8/10 will have the manual shipped to them.
Register by August 1 and receive a $50 gift certificate on Day 1 of the class for local food and entertainment that can be used at any establishment in the area.
Complete your PHR or SPHR prep course in only one week! Most HR professionals take several months to get ready for the test.
What exactly is this?:
Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) preparatory course for qualified human resources professionals.
Who is eligible?:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Master’s degree or higher, OR
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Bachelor’s degree, OR
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with less than a Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Master’s degree or higher, OR
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with a Bachelor’s degree, OR
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a professional-level HR position with less than a Bachelor’s degree
Why bother getting certified?:
HR professionals make more money and are more successful when credentialed.
Employers who support HR employee credentialing have more loyal HR employees.
“In a recent study (2015) by Emporia State University, 422 HR professionals were surveyed and the researchers found that certified HR professionals received more pay and had higher occupational commitment than uncertified HR professionals. When employers provide support for certification, HR professionals had higher organizational commitment. More HR professionals are credentialed with HRCI.”
- Complete your PHR/SPHR Prep in only one week: 8/21-8/25 2017
- Format is face-to-face live classroom instruction for 30 hours in one week, Monday-Friday, 9:30am-5pm daily. Students who register by 8/10 will have the course manual shipped to them so they can read the book prior to the course which will aid in retention of the material.
- Location: Historic Shepherd University – Martinsburg Campus. Shepherd Martinsburg is convenient to many locations in the Frederick/DC metro area, only about an hour off of I81 and other major routes. Visit many nearby civil war and other historic sites including Shepherdstown (the subject of the Destination America Channel “Ghosts of Shepherdstown” show!), Harper’s Ferry, and the Woods Resort for golf or relaxation. There are many hotels and restaurants nearby.
For tourist info:
Why take this class and not one of the other’s available?
- COMPLETE your PHR/SPHR prep in one week!
- Low cost- $999.00 includes all instruction and materials including the text and custom study guides.
- HHRS provides exceptional 1:1 tutoring and small group study teams for any students who request these special services at no charge as needed during your preparation course. WE WANT YOU TO PASS!
- AFTER you complete the course students should feel free to ask for follow-up assistance in preparation for their exam.
- HHRS guarantees free future prep course monitoring as needed if you require an additional exam attempt.
- Only 55% of PHR candidates pass the exam their first try while only 57% pass the SPHR exam. These exams cost $495 for PHR and $595 for SPHR. YOU WILL WANT TO BE PREPARED AND CONFIDENT IN PREPARATION FOR THESE EXAMS.
- The lead instructor for HHRS, Dr. Donald R. Hillman, has been teaching human resources management courses and has provided human resources management services for more than 20 years. He is a nationally published academic author. He was just invited to speak at a global business conference in Italy in September concerning one of his published HR articles. He is a business professor at Shepherd University and teaches HR. Shepherd and HHRS are in partnership for this course offering. The overall pass rate for Dr. Hillman’s courses is 95%.
- This HHRS prep course covers the main HRCI knowledge requirements for PHR and SPHR. For our SPHR candidates there will be an extra module for business management and strategy as required by the SPHR exam content.
- Daily customized power point presentations serve as study guides for exam preparation. Other expert instructors may be assigned as needed.
- HHRS has been approved by SHRM and HRCI to provide recertification courses.